Friday, January 13, 2006

Lingerie

I guess I have kind of a love-hate relationship with lingerie. I'm like most women in the sense that I enjoy pretty things, frilly, lacy, satiny, beautifully-coloured things. But I also have a few pet peeves about them.

My husband, like most men, had a real thing for me in lingerie. It became something of an issue between us, because he would always want me to wear "something" when we went to bed. This would piss me off, as when I'm going to bed anticipating some love action, the last thing I want to do is put the brakes on and start pulling on fishnets, garter belts, teddies, what-have-you, then stepping into a pair of stilettos. It really started to annoy me because it seemed every time we were about to have sex, he would ask me to put this on or that on. Now, I have no problem with catering to a man's desire to see me all decked out, to be eye candy for him. I would just like it to be my own decision to treat him, to pamper him, if you will. But when it starts being a prerequisite, that's when I have a problem with it. My husband always took the position that, what's the big deal, it takes you a couple of minutes to put it on, what are you complaining for? My response to that is, Well honey, if it's not that big a deal, then why don't we just forego it and get in the fucking bed?

The other pet peeve I have with lingerie is from a larger woman's perspective. I'm not so big that I can't find lingerie in the stores. I do have to go to certain stores to get a good selection though. I definitely just can't walk into a department store and pick up whatever little something that catches my eye. That's what ticks me off. I walk into a store where they have "normal" sizes and see all these incredibly cute, sexy, foxy little items I would love to wear but just can't, because they come in like, a size 2. Bigger women do have a better selection now, but there is just no comparison to what is available to smaller women. It's as if the companies who design lingerie think that bigger women don't have sex, therefore they don't require sexy lingerie. Granted, there are also a lot of mail order companies who make lingerie in "super sizes" for those really larger women who just can't get it anywhere else, or for those of us who want more of a selection.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against "treating" my man (when I eventually get one) :-) to a little bedroom fashion show now and then. But when I do it, I like it to be at my own volition, and not in an obligatory way. What's the fun in that? Truthfully, I would really like to find a guy who thinks my "birthday suit" is far sexier than any lingerie on the market.

5 Comments:

Blogger dreaminglily said...

"Truthfully, I would really like to find a guy who thinks my "birthday suit" is far sexier than any lingerie on the market."

You and every other woman lol ::sigh:: I don't know why men like it to be honest. Or at least like it THAT much. They usually have no idea how to take it off lol Kinda defeating a purpose I think. Not that I'd MIND doing it. But a little notice at like 10am that at 10pm he wanted me like that would be nice. And not making it a DEMAND would also be nice. I think I like control a lot though lol

And I do agree on sizes. They stump me. I'm pretty average (average American woman being 5'4" and 160lbs) and I still have a hard time finding anything I like that's not super small. Oh well lol Maybe they'll snap to it someday.

~Lily

2:47 PM  
Blogger emily pound said...

I can't understand why men are so obsessed with it either. But then again, a lot of men say they can't understand why we love chocolate so much. :-) I guess it's just that Mars/Venus thing.

1:21 PM  
Blogger hugehugefan said...

Lingerie, what a forbidden, exotic, French word.. suggesting will o'wisp flimsy fabrics which strategically hide and enhance a woman's sexiness; driving a man mad with passion, while keeping the woman firmly in control. Nah.. I don't buy it. In fact, I find the whole lingerie thing to be widely overdone.

Of course, I'm a fan of big women who suffer from a dearth of selection as you point out in selecting and finding lingerie of varying styles, fabrics and cuts (though, as you also point out that selection is growing). On the other hand, and this is the bigger hand (sort of like a lobster has one claw substantially bigger than the other), in my view BBWs don't have as much need for lingerie to enhance their appearance in the boudoir(dropping another of my limited French vocabulary). Unlike their skinnier sisters, bbws don't generally need the artifice of lingerie to highlight, enhance or simply create curves. They've got them in spades, and merely need exhibit themselves dressed normally, in their deshabile(really digging for the bottom of my francophile phraseology)or au naturel...

I must confess that I've never understood the adoration and mystery of the whole lingerie thing.. though I will admit that I recall nervously checking through the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog in High School with a similarly lecherous pack of friends when one grabbed it from the mail addressed to his parents.

As a young stud, anxious to park my manhood in any carport that would have me I never encountered anything more frilly than sexy panties and bras on my way to the promised land. As I grew beyond that vulgar phase, let me see, was that last Tuesday or Wednesday ;) I came to understand that for me a woman (BBW or SSBBW models, naturally) dressed in clothing which was not baggy or shapeless so that it could cling to her curves and display the majesty of her mountainous regions, valleys and buttes, had all the enticement I needed to tickle my fancy and pantsy.

For me the naked fat female body is the miracle of modern man. Strong, full bodied, soft and firm by varying degrees, with plenty of places to attract one's eyes and hands and ... the thought of camouflaging this masterpiece with flimsy scraps of fabric is silly and wasteful.

In my experience the whole purpose of lingerie is to delay the appearance of the woman's naked form. A new hurdle to reaching her soft, soft skin and a confounding bump along the road to mutual satisfaction.

I wish I could say that lingerie tortured me with its snaps, and clasps and zippers and buttons, but the reality is that it was more annoyance and irritation than problem or suffering...

Don't get me wrong.. if a woman wants to present herself in a way that she believes makes her look more sexy and alluring she should do so. And, if the man (or woman) she desires and cares for and about is turned on by lingerie, then there is a place for it in their private rituals of love. But for me.. no works of man can match the hand of god in creating a bbw's body.

7:16 AM  
Blogger emily pound said...

oh hugehugefan

why can't there be more men like you in this world? or at least, close by ... like right next to me ...

We larger women are so used to hearing just the opposite of your adoring words. Instead of being considered a miracle of god's creation we are usually called gross, disgusting, weak, piggish, ugly ... and on and on and on.

It would be so nice to be accepted and loved for who we are. But instead we are castigated and shunned.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fat phone sex Olympics are always a special fat phone sex competition, it is very difficult to
predict what will happen. fat phone sex

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home